Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Graduation year

Summer 2014 is the period when all final year students will be graduating.  It will be the celebration of a lifetime.  It is going to be a memorable day shared with family and friends celebrating your journey of life so far.  I can’t wait.  I am going to live in the moment. 

I have a good idea as to what will happen on the day and where the graduates and guests can go for the various events throughout the day as I have already worked as an Award Ceremony Steward in the past.  It is going to be a great day where you can say your last goodbyes to some people and remember the good times we all shared together at university.

For all School of Engineering students, the graduation ceremony will be held in Medway at the Rochester Cathedral whereas students studying on other degree courses at the main campus in Greenwich will have their graduation ceremony in the Chapel at the main campus in Greenwich. 

Overall, graduation will be an experience no one will forget.  I definitely won’t forget my graduation as it has been a wait of a lifetime.  I am so happy that this will be my final year of study to obtain what I have been waiting for.  Since I was 4 years old, I’ve said to my parents that I want to go to university to understand more.  I think seeing adults in my life that have already been to university gave me the mind-set to want to go to university.  Perhaps you may think I’m a bit too eager about my graduation but I have already ordered my gown and bought my hat.  The hat will be kept with me throughout as a memory of one of my achievements in life.

I will be telling my grandchildren about it in the future.

I do hope my mum makes or gets me a nice graduation cake.  I’m sure she will because she knows what I like and most of all she knows me.


No comments:

Post a Comment