Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Comparison of First year to Second year

First year was the basic foundation of your course.  It shows you the weakness and strengths you hold to continue on the course.  It is vital that you grasp the first year to progress quite confidently onto your second year.  For me, I loved my first year so much. It felt more relaxed compared to just doing my A-levels.  In my mind before I entered university, I believed it required more work from me especially at the start of the course but it didn't.  Clearly wasn't as I expected.  I enjoyed it immensely.  I just hope that the first year students do too.

If you’re in your first year, treasure those moments thoroughly as you won’t get them back.  After your vacation in first year where you are breezing through, be prepared for a whirlwind in second and third year.  The calamity of work and pressure that will come over you might be quite overwhelming.  Sorry if this seems to scare you but it is the absolute truth.  Sometimes the truth is harsh to bare.

Second year was quite overpowering and a drastic shock from first year to second year.  The work load got more intense and deadlines got closer.  Although there was good support and guidance from the lecturers, I believe there was too much to do in such little time. 


If I had one wish to go back to the easy first year again and pass my degree with this ease I would take it 100%.  Miss those nice and stress-free days but I guess it’s the fact of life to face some difficult days but to try and strive through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment