Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

The strangest weather EVER!!


Winter conditions in Spring and Summer? How bizarre!  Not only is it cold and raining in Spring/ early days of Summer, it is also snowing.  Come on, SNOW in Summer is beyond me.  Only God can explain this. 


It is just a little TOO MUCH.  


The funniest thing that happened on the same day from one of my weather experiences was having the morning lecture cancelled because of the heavy snow fall but then have the afternoon lecture as planned because the weather was absolutely gorgeous.  Still till this day, I cannot get my head around the fact that the snow was falling so heavily in the morning but by the afternoon, the snow disappeared and no one would have ever known it snowed heavily in the morning of the same day.  To me it is very, very bizarre!


One minute it is raining and windy, then snowing, then sunny, then raining again.  Ahh this is some crazy weather.  It’s not just me that thinks it is very hard to plan what to wear out.  You can experience all the seasons in one day when living in England.  Like most people say, “That’s the English weather for you”.  It is very unpredictable.  You can never know what to wear that will be ideal in the weather conditions.  I know that my mum always has a brolly with her in the bottom of her handbag wherever she goes.  I believe it has now become a habit for her to make sure there is an umbrella with her in whichever handbag she chooses to carry on her days out and about.  I should probably start doing that but I know that won’t happen.

Most times when I see a grey and dull day, I like to wrap up warm in my blanket, read a book or watch a home movie and enjoy the warmth rather than being outside in the cold and pouring rain. 


Can you blame me? I’m a summer baby.  The cold is not good for me.  I definitely prefer the sunshine and temperatures from warm to hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment