Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

The big approach to Christmas


If you haven’t already realised, Christmas is just around the corner.  That means it’s time to start your Christmas shopping and send out the family invites or receive the family invites.  If you are fortune to go away this Christmas then, that is a big bonus.  Unfortunately, I will not be abroad this year therefore,  I will be stuck here in the cold.  The plus side of staying here though is, it should still be great fun spending time with my family and friends.  In the meantime during the festive season, I will be having to sort out my assignments that will be due on my return to university.

I hope that I can relax over this nice festive break and not worry about university.  I would not like to be stressed out about university work over that period.  Definitely looking forward to being back home with my family and friends, enjoying each others company, receiving and giving presents and eating lots of food.  Hopefully nothing spoils the plans.

One hard decision currently in my mind is deciding what present(s) to get each person.  It takes a lot of thinking, preparation, budgeting and not forgetting the main thing: “time” to get the perfect present for everyone. 


I plan to volunteer my time; during this festive break, to shelters or places where they feed the hungry and needy people.  I do like to play my part in society when I have time to spare.  I need to get my priorities straight then, all the fun can come afterwards ideally. 

In my household, it’s a family tradition to put the christmas tree and lights up together.  It cannot be missed for any reason.  Already, I have seen christmas lights up in and on people’s house nevertheless, the stores have got ahead of the game as they started selling christmas items back in late September, early October.  All I know is, I cannot wait to see the snow, and enjoy my Christmas break off from university.

No comments:

Post a Comment