Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

Assignments, tests, meetings… … Anymore!

These past few weeks have been very hectic.  So much to do but, so little time.   To be honest, when I first saw my timetable I thought it was great.  OH, how I was wrong!! I underestimated it completely.  Ever since the first assignment it hasn’t been a smooth time at university.  No breaks, no weekends, just work, work, work.  The pressure mounts up till you can’t think of what to do next.  Even if you start your work on time, it doesn’t help the fact that you have a minimum of five things to do, all at once.  There isn’t time to have much of a social life either.

University life is hard to manage when you’ve got other personal things to sort out.  Remember I mentionned applying to work placements for my year out of university before I graduate?... Well I have been occupied with work placement applications these past couple of weeks.  I am just waiting to hear back from the companies now.  I guess I did get distracted from my university work by applying to the different companies.  That wasn’t not good at all because now it means I have to sacrifice my social time in order to get back on track.

I have learnt that it is not only about what you can get out of something, it is what you can do or put into that thing in order to fulfil your full potential.  The best thing to do is work hard.  Put your head down and work.  Once it’s over, you can rejoice and celebrate because you will regain your freedom and life.

Going back to first year when the days were much more fun and less tiring would be a wish come true but not at very possible.  Second year is a learning curve that you as a person have to be willing to take.  I am a person who is willing to take on this learning curve and fulfil my potential.  Now ask yourself the question: “Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment